Thursday, August 10, 2006

Subject: motel New Year's Day

welcome to RE:verse, a poem a dada! please click here to learn more about how this blog works.

FULL TEXT SPAM
Subject: motel New Year's Day


And weve certainly had some wonderful talks.
It was here, right out in theworld, that he married Abigail Price.
My intentions in this direction were frustrated.
The wifes name, I divined, or at least diagnosed, to be eitherBessie or Mum.
Yes, I think Im going to give a talk in a lot of the publicschools.
You mean of course, I said, only in your private life.
But his heart wasnumb all the time they were out. He often asked himself what his life hadamounted to anyway, and it didnt add up to much.
And for a long, long time, nearly a year, John Smithremained unmarried.
Joe Brown, we felt ourselves in the presence ofa typical man of the new age.
The old-fashioned interest in wars, battles,economics, and industry is now obviously passing away. They mostlyuse cars in going after the cattle, and many of them, for thatmatter, cant drive a car.
I said to myself,Surely this cant last; there must come a time when it just cantgo on.
That is tosay, up to now women had never come into it.
He took her once to the Fallsand once to Boston.
But you ought to go out andsee them for yourself.
I said to myself,Surely this cant last; there must come a time when it just cantgo on.
But he looked on acigarette as a mighty poor smoke.
Most likely, he said, Ill train at the lunch counters in NewYork and some of the big cities. We thought if wecould get together at a lunch it might serve as a beginning. In addition to this, each child had on its head a sailorhat with the legend H. Would you mind, he said to me, handing me that jug? Then I realized that of course he was Henry Williams.
What do you generally take as your ordinary diet, Joe? Yes, I think Im going to give a talk in a lot of the publicschools. During this period, however, a further difficulty opened in frontof me. You mean of course, I said, only in your private life.

a poem a dada keeps the nebula away

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home